Only 1 % of the users on the internet are creating the content that is consumed by the other 99%. Late in 2020 I made a conscious decision to stop being only a consumer and start becoming a creator.
This text inspires you to think differently about how to criticize yourself and others, and finishes off with three easy steps to join the one percent.
A question came in from my friend and fellow Dream Triber Ahmed Abdulghani regarding content creation:
"how do you overcome the need for perfection before taking action?"
Very few of you know this, but when I was a child I used to be extremely critical. I would criticize younger children for not living up to the standards of adults. When someone had an opinion, I would almost always take the counter-opinion. Sometimes for good fun and arguing, but most of the time it was counterproductive.
I was not creating a pleasant, positive, and supportive culture around me.
I think a big reason for that was that I did not fit in well with the constraints of the school system. As I went through the grades, my energy and creativity started to die out.
Not only did I criticize others - I did not try to do many of the cool ideas that I had because I thought they would never work. I was my own worst critic as well.
Those were the early decisions that shaped me into what I am today.
If you, who are reading this, are struggling with criticizing yourself which hinders you from sharing your thoughts with the world, your energy is just hiding under your self-binding.
As a small child, before you went to school, there were few, if any, limitations to your braveness to express your ideas.
Are you really doing yourself a favor by holding that child-like energy locked in deep inside yourself? I think that inner child should get some more creative playtime from you.
Your inner child will thank you for the rest of your life that you took the step :)
Thank you for reading!
Does this strike a chord with you? I would love to hear your take on the subject and learn about your perspective!