Lab To Business Initiative
Our mission is to commercialize all possible scientific research in Finland - current, previous, and future.
We do this by:
- Learning - Discovering best practices in Finland and abroad
- Educating - Sharing what we learn to the community
- Building - Creating world-leading environments for commercialization
Do you want to be involved or support the lab to business initiative? Please reach out by email or through LinkedIn and let's discuss how we can commercialize research together.
Project status 26.2.2021
Thesis writers around Finland are being recruited to get a better understanding of the commercialization in Finnish universities and abroad. The topics we are looking to cover are:
- What is the commercialization support in "your" research institution (the goal is to learn from every Finnish University)?
- What are the common success factors for successful commercialization in "your" research institution?
- What is the commercialization support in the "best" research institutions around Europe (where the research environment is most similar to Finland)?
- What are the trigger moments for researchers that make them take the first mental step towards commercialization?
- Webinars are being planned for Q3
- Workshops are being planned for Q3
- A podcast is starting to be recorded
- Videos will be produced based on the recordings and podcast episodes
- Publications - will be created based on the discoveries in the learning phase
- Public speaking for researchers or research institutions - when the opportunity arises, nothing currently planned.
- Experimenting in community creation Q1-2
- Community kickoff in Q3
- Pre-Accelerator - will be created based on the need
- Accelerator - will be created based on the need
- Venture Builder - is likely to happen, but the format is still under the discovery phase